Wednesday, February 26, 2014

This thing called the ego

We all have one. It plays tricks on our minds. At least I know mine does on me. Sometimes it's stronger than others. It acts up when I'm exhausted. For me it takes the form of being selfish, doubting my insticts, and not trusting others. It doesn't come from my soul, it comes from this warped sense of self that lives in my head. It comes from this image I think I need to show to everyone else. All of that is crap. None of those things matter. What does matter is that I speak and move from my heart and soul, even if it hurts, even if it makes me vulnerable, even if it's the last thing in the universe I want to do in that moment.

I know I've grown in that I can recognize and observe my ego. I notice when it's distracting me from what is really in my heart to some ego-created "problem." Being an observer of my own mind is an adventure on it's own.

My Ego is NOT My Amigo
Photography by Eric R. Ward 


“The authentic self is the best part of a human being. It’s the part of you that already cares, that is already passionate about evolution. When your authentic self miraculously awakens and becomes stronger than your ego, then you will truly begin to make a difference in this world. You will literally enter into a partnership with the creative principle.”

~ Andrew Cohen

No comments:

Post a Comment