Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Hello there ego and tailbone

I practice yoga everyday. I practice yoga when I feel powerful, but I find myself learning more when I practice while I feel weak. With a bruised tailbone I've been stepping on my mat and "easy" poses or transitions (like stepping from downdog to warrior one) hurt so badly. Needless to say my practice is not my usual practice right now. But, because it is the now it is where I am.

I find myself acutely aware of movements and parts of my body that I take for granted. In a day or two the bruising will be down (I hope!) and I'll be back to my regular ways. Until then, I'm going to breathe into this moment and enjoy this not so comfortable part of my journey. There is something to be learned from every experience.

Photography by Eric R. Ward 

No comments:

Post a Comment