Thursday, April 3, 2014

Slow down

Something that has been on my mind over the last month is slowing down. Modern society is constantly bombarding us with messages to do more, be more, and equating that with our worth as a human being. After making myself busier than I actually need to be for a while, I've been trying to rebel. To slow down. To revel in the present moment.

How have I done this?
By being flexible. I made a plan, it didn't work out, why fill that time with another checklist item? Go with the flow.
Making time to connect. I have been making it a priority to have date night with just my little girl. She chooses what she wants to eat (usually some place with a cookie) and another activity, usually going to the park. We play and talk and giggle.

I'm still not a master at this, it's in my nature to "Go, go,go," or at least that's what I have thought for a long time, but my intention is set. I'm making time to live and just be.


Photography by Eric R. Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment