Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Love, Love, Love

The last few months have been straight up magic for me. I feel like I've connected more intimately with the earth, my people, and mostly myself then I have in a long time.  And what I have come to find is that it's all about love. Love without boundaries. Love without control. Love with your whole heart in every single moment. Love isn't a burden. Love frees you. Love lightens the load. Love just lets you be perfectly imperfect without the feeling of judgement.

My daughter and I were able to play and frolic and cuddle and swim and laugh.
Somedays being a mom is the hardest thing in the universe, but all of that melts away when she grabs my cheeks and says, "Momma, I lus (love) you." I'll be honest and vulnerable here, I have no clue what I'm doing as a parent. But I keep trying. I think that's what being a parent is, trying no matter what to be whatever you need to be for the beautiful soul you brought into this world. 


The last few months have I have begun a journey with this human, and I have been so inspired by him. I always thought it cliche when people say, "He/She makes we want to be a better person." But then this happened and I completely understand. 

I think the most coherent way to wrap-up this post is with some song lyrics from "Love, Love, Love" by As Tall As Lions:
Have I ever told you before
I think you're beautiful when
you're sleeping?

After some time it's something I find true. 
Love's not a grave, it won't decay on you.
Too many days I was afraid of love.

But don't get too attached to the living,
even every single memory's fleeting.

Give it to me, love. 
I'll keep you in my focus with love and affection

No comments:

Post a Comment