Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Community

“Every human activity can be put at the service of the divine and of love. We should all exercise our gift to build community.”  -Jean Vanier

One thing I have noticed and appreciated more in this last year is the strength of the yoga communities I am a part of. For a longtime I stuck to the studios and classes that were familiar and close--the ones where I knew what to expect. Within the last year or so I started expanding on that base, and I was able to build on it by trying new yoga styles, attending new workshops, trying out new studios, and taking classes from new teachers. I have also taken risks and put myself out there to try out new opprotunities. In expanding my yoga universe I have found a lot more strength, love, and met many new geniune people that I am happy to have in my life. By geniune people let me illustrate, these people ask questions like, "How are you doing?" and after they receive a nice, polished answer follow-up with, "No, really, how are things going for you?" These are people who speak to my soul directly from theirs, and I can't get enough of them. I am at a point in my life where a put-together-refined-plastic-life no longer serves me. Give me raw. Give me the real you. I see beauty in the cracks. 

The thing I adore about communities (any kind for that matter) is how one person's enthusiasm can start this wildfire that just keeps spreading.  

How can you break out of your routine and experience the love of community? Be open to new ideas. 
Share your ideas. 
Get out of your comfort zone. 
Smile. 
Spread love and you will get love right back. 


Yogaslacker Friends
SLC Yoga Insta Friends
 Acro Friends
All photos by Eric R. Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment